Friday May 13, 2022
#96 - FDA Clearances, Firing at Google AI, AI for Apple Watch, Beer and Wine Reviews
Our 96th episode with a summary and discussion of last week's big AI news!
Sponsor: This episode is sponsored by Zencastr, our go-to tool for recording the podcast. It is super easy to use, and there is nothing to download. Go to http://zen.ai/lastweekinai and get 30% off your first three months with a PRO account!
- (00:00) Intro
- (01:36) Wearable, AI-powered whole-breast ultrasound system cleared by the FDA + FDA plays tooth fairy, awards clearance to VideaHealth's cavity-spotting AI
- (06:40) Another Firing Among Google’s A.I. Brain Trust, and More Discord
- (12:30) AI Model Can Accurately Detect Multiple Retinal Diseases in Real Time
- (12:50) Intel wins DARPA RACER-Sim program
- (14:00) Mayo researchers use AI to detect weak heart pump via patients' Apple Watch ECGs
- (17:50) Tsinghua U & BAAI’s CogView2 Achieves SOTA Competitive Text-to-Image Generation With 10x Speedups
- (23:13) In The Latest Research From The University Of Toronto, Machine learning-Based Approach Speeds Up The Counting Of Microplastics -
- (23:52) Northeastern U & Microsoft Expand StyleGAN’s Latent Space to Surpass the SOTA on Real Face Semantic Editing
- (24:55) Microsoft AI Researchers Develop MoLeR: A Deep Learning-Based Generative Model That Enables Efficient Drug Design
- (26:50) Ad break
- (28:40) UK Regulators' Path for AI Starts with Auditing Algorithms
- (32:16) A unique machine-learning model predicts homelessness among US soldiers before their transition to civilian life
- (35:45) Researchers Taught A.I. to Write Wine and Beer Reviews and They're Pretty Convincing
- (39:33) T-SNE to view and order your Spotify tracks
- (42:40) What’s New in Spot | Boston Dynamics
- (44:17) Outro
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.