Friday Jun 17, 2022
#101 - GPT-4chan, ’Sentient’ AI, Tesla Crash Probe, BIG-bench, DALL-E mini
Our 101st episode with a summary and discussion of last week's big AI news!
If you are a fan, we'd appreciate your feedback on Apple Podcast, or just via email to email@example.com - feel free to DM us on Twitter too!
- (0:00) Intro
- (1:13) Lessons from the GPT-4Chan Controversy
- (8:14) Google engineer put on leave after saying AI chatbot has become sentient
- (14:20) Tesla Autopilot safety faces bigger questions as US upgrades crash probe
- (18:05) Stunning Insights from James Webb Space Telescope Are Coming, Thanks to GPU-Powered Deep Learning
- (20:31) Can Machine Learning Translate Ancient Egyptian Texts?
- (22:48) 444 Authors From 132 Institutions Release BIG-bench: A 204-Task ‘Extremely Difficult and Diverse’ Benchmark for Large Language Models
- (26:23) ProcTHOR: Large-Scale Embodied AI Using Procedural Generation
- (28:52) Axon Pauses Plans for Taser Drone as Ethics Board Members Resign
- (32:42) Shield AI raises $165M at a $2.3B valuation to fuel development of its military autonomous flying systems
- (35:38) AI program DALL-E mini prompts some truly cursed images
- (39:30) Outro
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.